Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Switzerland is Dreamy.

Well we missed our train out of Paris.
We woke up, were trying to give ourselves enough time to eat breakfast, get ready,
and check out.
But none of that happened.
We got up and then packed as fast as we could, checked out,
ran past the breakfast without grabbing anything
[which is really sad because it was so yummy].
Then when we got to the bus stop I realized I forgot to grab my phone that was plugged into the wall.
So, Chad sprinted back to the hotel and grabbed it.
The bus was slow, then we got to the metro and we had to wait like 10 minutes for it to leave.
Then when we got to the stop we needed to be at we went up the wrong stairs,
and got lost trying to find my moms hotel [because we were meeting them there].
We found the hotel then we had to wait in line to talk to the people at the front desk to see if my parents were still there.
They left us a note saying that they had left and to take a cab.
At this time it was 10:10 and our train left at 10:23. 
The cab picked us up, but it was already too late.
I felt like crying because I knew that it was mostly my fault.

Luckily though my parents missed the train too, 
they got there right as it was pulling away.



I'm sure we all said a few choice words,
but there was nothing we could do about it.
So we met up [luckily, the train station is huge]
and we went to exchange our tickets for a new train.
The train ride to Switzerland was absolutely stunning.
IT WAS SO GREEN!!





On the train sitting just next to us was this very kind man from New York and he was very fashionable .
He was very extravagant in his speaking, and how he explained things
 [I thought he was from England]. 
I wish we could have taken a picture with him because come to find out he was a famous artist. 
He went to a designer school in New York called Parsons School of Design,
and was classmates with Marc Jacobs.
[That grabbed my attention].
He designed different clothing lines, but now molds huge sculptures by hand.
Here is a picture of one of his pieces.


He has a gift.

I am so grateful for friendly people that make these adventures so much more memorable.

We stopped and had to switch trains,
but Chad had to go find out what train we needed to get on.
On his way he saw this lady, yelling at herself.
Kind of crazy.

Another thing that happened was while Chad, my mom, and I were waiting for Dale to come back to where all of our luggage was we watched this lady try to carry up probably 10 bags up the escalator.
The bags she had on the steps in front of her toppled over her and she tried to grab them but in the mean time tripped and started doing somersaults down the escalator.
Before I could even blink, Chad was running as fast as he could to grab her bags,
 and see if she was okay.
Luckily she was, and he helped her to the top with all her bags.
Chad is such a great guy.

We got on our other train and we made it to Switzerland.
Our hotel is literally in the mountains, 
our view is prettier than I thought possible,
and I never want to leave.








We walked down to a cute little resturaunt to eat some dinner and the walk there was just gorgeous
I love all the little sheep, goats, and cows that had the bells around their necks.

This place is seriously not real.



Dinner was better than ever.

No but really,
probably the best food I've ever had.
Chad had Chicken and asparagus
 [and the asparagus were HUGE].
I had this really yummy pasta with sun dried tomatoes and steak.
If your mouth isn't watering right now you're doing it wrong. 
 
So yummy.

Then sleep got the best of us and we all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment