Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Never Trust a Man with Cow Pants

Sorry this post may seem a little scatter brained!


Tuesday morning we woke up in what still felt like was a dream.
Seriously Switzerland is so green and luscious.
I woke up at 6 and shook Chad until he woke up too because I wanted to go on a hike up the beautiful mountains behind out hotel.
He lovingly got out of bed and we headed outside where I don’t think the
weather could have been any better.
We walked up this trail,


And found a river,

A few ginormous black  slugs,


And a herd of sheep [they loved Chad].


On our way back to the hotel we stopped by the yaks to see if they wanted their picture taken.



Then I saw a kitty and I yelled,

“KITTY!!”

And next thing I know I see this cute little black cat jumping over hay bells to come to me.
Like I said, we woke up in a dream ;).
She was the nicest little kitty, She just wanted some lovin’.






We made our way back, got ready, met my parents for breakfast then we walked down 
to the bus stop.
In town we mostly just went window shopping, 
but when we saw a candy store we HAD to go in.




We definitely had our fair share of chocolate 


and plenty of other yummy desserts.

[my mom even bought me a chocolate shaped as a kitty]


Then there was dinner.
First of all the manager of the restaurant was wearing huge cow print pants.

Our waiter was not the nicest young lady ever, but whatever we ordered and waited for our food.
When the food arrived we kind all slumped down.
My mom’s fish and chips were soggy,
[kind of like it had been microwaved]
Chad’s meat was reeeeeally tough,
Annnd
 there was a bug in my salad.
My mom could handle her food being soggy and I was just going to not eat anymore of my salad but my mom didn't think that was right.
she waved the waiter over and told them about the bug in my salad. 
By this time I am like hiding under the table because I didn’t want to cause a scene, 
but my mom thought that they needed to know.
So, the cow pants man comes to our table,
I show him the squished bug,
And he says
“Oh, no not our fault, you must have mixed the bug in yourself.”
HA, yep I did, I picked it off the table and wanted to add in some extra protein.
So gross.
But he didn’t make us pay for the $17 salad.
So grateful my mom had the guts to say something though or I would have paid for that.
 That memory of the cow pants man will forever be a part of our hearts as one of the worst places we have ever eaten at.
Goooood times.
Besides that one restaurant the food in Switzerland is amazing, the night before, we had one of the best meals we have ever had.

Afterwards we strolled around making our way back to the bus stop.




I guess this was the hand holding zone :)

So many cute streets that I decided I needed to start snappin' some pictures.

 Walking back to our hotel I found another kitty :)


This teeter totter was not comfortable at all,
but hey it was fun. 


 

Then we almost barfed on this thing.
[Don't mind my man laugh, it happens]

 


On Wednesday not much happened.
We said goodbye to our cute hotel in Switzerland,
it was a very bittersweet goodbye.








We caught the train out of Switzerland to Florence, Italy,
Well, actually we had to take like 4 trains total, but same difference.
So it was just a long day of traveling.
We met a cute couple that sat next to us on one of our trains from North Carolina.
They had started in Paris, then to Switzerland, and then headed to Italy to travel around just like us.
Except they were staying in hostels, and going to more cities in Italy, but
it was good to finally meet and talk to people from the United States again.
Wednesday night we stayed up in Tuscany in a cute little villa.
It was so romantic, and felt just like the movies.



We submitted this picture to GQ.
Isn't he dreamy :)

We had some very yummy pasta at this little Italian restaurant down the road
[which was not a safe walk because we were walking on a busy street with no sidewalk at night, but we are alive don’t worry]

 In the morning we packed up and headed to our hotel that was in the city of Florence.

I wish we could have stayed longer though, I don’t think one night was enough.





We realized that we matched,
great minds think alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment