Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

All About Us

Chad didn't wait to long to kiss me for the first time. 
It was a July, Monday night, and we decided to go see the new Spiderman.
 I hated going to movies with guys I hardly knew, because of the awkward
 "I don't know if we should hold hands or not."
 I was wrong. 
We sat down and right away he grabbed my hand, it was like butterfly central in my stomach. It also made it difficult to concentrate on the movie.
Once the movie ended we were on our way back to his house, when he all of the sudden, took a random turn and ended up parking on the side on some street. He said, "get out, we are going somewhere." 
We walked through dirt, bushes, climbed over a fence, and ended up in the gardens at Thanksgiving Point.
 It was so dang pretty. There were lights that lit up the walkways so we could see all the colorful flowers.
 He led me over to a big opening, that looked kind of like a stage. 
We sat down on some stairs and talked for a little bit.
 It then started to rain, and by now I for sure thought I was in some fairly tale movie.
 It was almost immediate that he asked me to dance.
 He flipped through his phone and put on the song All About Us, by He Is We.
 As we started dancing, I could hear his heart beating faster and faster. I knew something was up. He kissed me on the forehead, then said "sorry." I had to remember he had just come home from his mission and was still a little awkward around girls. I said, "don't be sorry." He didn't hesitate any longer, he kissed me, on the lips this time. It was amazing. I never knew what it meant when they said fireworks went off, but that's how I felt. I know that's really cheesy, but it's the truth. It's crazy how when you find the right person, everything is just right. 
Everything gives you those butterflies that you don't ever want to go away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment