Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

My name is Michelle Denning, soon to be Hamilton! I am new to this blogging thing, but I am really excited to get into it more.
 For my first post I thought I might tell you how my fiance, Chad, and I met. Sorry It is pretty long, but enjoy (:



Well, Chad had recently come home from his mission in Chile, last November, and just happened to be in my grandparent's ward. After seeing him for the first time at church, my grandma was after him, trying to get him on a date with me. And oh was she persistent. 
When he found out I was still in high school he kindly rejected the idea of the date right away, and thought it might be better to wait until I graduated. But that didn't stop my grandma from reminding him that she had a cute grand daughter.
Meanwhile, I was in my senior year of high school. Nervous of what was to come after it ended. I knew I wanted to do something big, but marriage was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to travel the world and experience life. So I signed up to be a nanny for a cute little family in Australia. I had everything lined up, the only thing I had left to do was buy the plane ticket.
Senior year finally ended, and I was ready for my new adventure in Australia to begin. But, little did I know Chad had finally gotten my number from my grandma, and wanted to go out on a date. Sadly I didn't answer when he called me, and hesitantly, I waited a few days to call him back, knowing he was "the boy from my grandma's ward." My sister had warned me about those boys, she told me, "whatever you do don't go!"
So I was a little skeptical about it all
 but I decided, "eh what could it hurt, it will just be one date."
Tuesday came and I was dreading that night. I called my dad in a panic, explaining how I didn't want to go and that I was just going to call it off. He just laughed and told me I can't bail on him, that I should just go have fun. It's only going to be one date right, why not?
When Chad came to pick me up I opened the door and it was game over. This sounds cheesy and so cliche but it felt like love at first sight. We went to dinner, then to Provo Beach Resort, followed by star gazing/ talking on my front lawn until early hours of the morning.We talked like we had known each other for years. I'd never felt so comfortable and myself around someone. 
After that night, we were with each other everyday. We became inseparable.  I knew I wanted to be with him. I knew that if I went to Australia it would be the biggest mistake of my life. 
The more I was with him the harder I fell. It had been a few weeks but I decided that I needed to stay. That Australia was not where I needed to be.

Chad is definitely a blessing in my life, and I am so thankful for him. He has shown me how a girl should be treated and what love really is. He has strengthened my testimony and made me realize the important things. I have never been as happy as he makes me. I am the luckiest girl to have a guy like him.  



1 comment: